Friday, December 09, 2005

$ vs <3

it's been another week here in tw. sometimes, i still can't believe that i'm back here already. all the scenery, the people... they seem so unreal. i can remember the days in seattle as if they were yesterday. and there are times that i feel this "being in tw" thing is just temporary, i'll be abroad soon.
what is this?? culture shock? day dream? or an inability to accept reality?

job huntin has been... just ok. a few iterviews but nothin serious. they always tell me to wait for their calls, and that normally doesn't mean good news. well, i've been pretty good with a hotel job tho. it's amazin how many interviews the candidates need to go just for a front desk position. i've been interviewed twice, in chinese and english, and then, i'll have another round of english and chinese interview, again. hm... i wonder if all those front desk girls went through the same thing... or am i a special case?
this job put me into some serious thinking tho. on one hand, i would love to work for a world class hotel, but on the other hand i wonder, do i really worth "this" much?
ay... too much ego involved, and i overestimated myself too much. maybe that's why i got rejected for the $40k one. damn it.

but yeah, putting interests and money to weight, which one worth more?
i think i'm being too greedy and judging jobs by their pay, that's why i dun care and dun have any industry in mind that i would want to work for. "as long as they pay ok, i can work for them".
... but... money is important too right?! if not... how is one gonna cover the expenses?!

and then... come to think about it...
i'm not in the right position to judge my talents, because i haven't shown any to anyone yet. i need to test my abilities and limits first before questioning myself and my future.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

all the best for job hunting
it's tough moving back to asia after the States.
why didn't u stay?

-ope u dun mind a msg frm a stranger

1:03 AM  
Blogger nongi said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:53 AM  
Blogger nongi said...

Thanx!
well, i tried but i guess my qualifications are not good enough for US standards for now. that's why tw, coz maybe there are more options for me

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for explaining. I tried to stay in the US too till I got forced out of there. There maybe more open doors here. Though job hunting is still tough, but it's a good humbling experience. I'm still waiting on one right now. Look forward to each of us finding one soon.

3:11 AM  
Blogger gypsychi said...

job hunting can be hard in Taiwan because not all the jobs are openly listed...I might have to go back and job hunt too soon, but for a part time one. If you have a specific idea of what kind of job you would like, let me know, I might have some friends who work in that industry and can ask around for you.

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home