Wednesday, February 14, 2007

receptionist

after working in my company for 1 year, not only did i land on this "interesting" working environment, but i have also gotten myself 3 positions instead of 1.
position #1: business alliance project manager.
position #2: front desk receptionist by default due to the ubication of my cubicle.
position #3: telephone greeter.

apparently they were serious about the thing. they asked me to record the new automatic phone message for the company line (in chinese and english) that would begin its use in feb. honestly, i still wonder why they called me for that tast because i don't have the sweetest voice when i talk. what's more, i think my voice is quite deep, coarse, and even... manly.
aaanyway, because of that, i had to cancel my day-off (could only take half day off instead) and come to the office to record that greeting message.
the recording was... weird... really weird. i was expecting the procedure to take place in an audio studio with grand mics, but instead it was in a meeting room, speaking over the phone. bu... boring. and i realized something during the recording: i make clicking sound when i speak. T__T
it's not very audible during conversations, but if recorded, whenever i finish a sentense, some unknown part of my mouth would make a *click* sound, making the message useless because it can irritate some pple w/that clicking.
and like that, i was in the conference room for almost 3 hours, trying to unclick when i speak, and drinking a LOT of water because my throat was getting so tired after all the trials. who'd have thought that it's that hard to record some silly message?!
anyway, i called the company line the other day to check on MY message. again, another feel of ickyness... it's funny to hear your voice talking to yourself, you know?

"貿協您好. Thank you for calling TAITRA. If you know the extension number, please dial it now, or press 9 for operator assistance..."

no, i will not encourage anyone to call my company. and if you do, please dial extention #1389 IMMEDIATELY so i can offer you my assistance =P

one other thing, i guess what abe said was right. i should be getting paid for all this!!!! but i'm not!!! >___< they're using all my intellectual properties, my charisma and now my voice to greet pple, i'm being friggin exploited and for free!!!
i want my damn royalties, damn it!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha nongi give me ur company phone #!

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home