Friday, April 07, 2006

angel

Angel - Sarah Slean
I bought my angel on the Fourth of July
I didn't plan it, it just happened that way
I guess faith stepped in in the end,
'Cause I needed him then

When I bought him they said, Are you sure?
No refunds, returns or exchanges because
once he's yours, he's yours for good
Now, you behave like an angel should

'Cause I saw it on TV,
they were selling pieces of heaven
and I thought, Hey, what about me?
When am I considered... ooh

I chained my angel to the eavestrough
It was November and I think I pissed him off
He's mad but I don't care
You're my Angel, so there

I figure it's only about sixty more years
So come on Angel, stop all the tears
Come sing me a song or two
Whatever it is you Angels do

'Cause I saw it on TV
They were selling pieces of heaven
And I thought, Hey, what about me?
When can I make reservations... ooh

My pet angel's got a long lost friend
He says he's coming back when the world ends
when us humans have lost our touch...
God never liked people that much

'Cause I saw it on TV
they were selling pieces of heave
and he thought, Well, how can this be?
What in the Hell are they thinking?

i've heard this song for a couple of years now, yet never really paid attention to the lyrics until today. heh, really interesting ^^
kinda reminded me of certain country with its certain population law, hehe
anyway, u've gotta love sarah slean's songs!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home