Tuesday, October 26, 2004

my faforite collection

a friend of mine once told me that human's sense of smell is a very powerful tool, it's the strongest sense that can help pple call back memories, recover forgotten past via different smell. he even said that we can not have memories of when we are little, but our brain can somehow record different fragances, keep it at the very back of our memory, and once we smell the same aroma again, say, now, our brain may not be able to spill out the exact situation where we smell the aroma but can still alarm the person that the smell is familiar. i totally agree with that ^___^

maybe coz i'm a dog if calculated from the chinese zoodiac, i consider myself quite sentitive to smell. i like things that smell nice, i like candles, ambient sprays, carpet cleaner/powder, detergent (specially tide) and drying sheet (snuggle, hehe), and specially, my collection of perfume.
mmm... is it why i started collecting perfumes? well, i'm not a 'collector' per say, but i have quite a impressive collection of body spray and perfumes, all just for me, kekeke. some were gifts and others i purchased them. luckily i stopped buying new perfumes coz i cannot finish them all...
but what i can say is that each of them gives me a special and different memory
i put perfume based on: situation, if i want to spray like a more formal or a more relax one; season, a stronger smell or a more fruity scent; and specially on my mood

basically, i base the usage of perfume more on the season more than anything else
and lately, the weather has turned quite cold, so i thought that it might be good if i switched my scent again. so this morning, i switched back to one of my favorite perfumes
suddenly, the smell reminded me that 'gosh... another year... back to this season, huh?'
memories just flow to my head like crazy
and realized that it's almost november again... hmmmm........ 1 year.....
quite a lot of things happened during this year i must say. good, not that bad, bad, and sad ones, and it's amazin how the smell of just one scent can remind me of all these (important?) things. of coz, not event by event (the events come in a whole package per smell, hahaha~~~ it's a bundle!), but at least it's alarming me for some precioius memories that i was leavin behind, takin them for granted

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home