Wednesday, January 19, 2005

the sport

'lazy' would be the first word that pops out if u ask my family and friends to describe me, my sis & bro would even add 'as a pig' at the end of it. yup, i'm lazy, i know it, i admit it, and i say it out loud proudly.
the other day i was chattin w/one of my close friends from argentina. we've known each other since high school, she's a really Q grl, chatty and clumsy as hell, but really cool. we've been through quite a few things together in high school, had lots of fun, and we know each other pretty well.
so during our online conversation, i told her that i was leaving for the weekend to go up to whistler to ski...
"PUUUUUUUUAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA", that was her reply, "claudita doin somethin! i can't believe it!! you're playin a sport!". uhm... i guess my lazyness is quite distinctive, huh? so obvious that if i move for more than 1hr, pple would be amazed.
and of coz, i had no comments on the other side of the computer... she said that for all these yrs that she's known me, she hardly saw me do anything, and that it would be a first to see me actually do some kind of sports.
i cannot blame her for the comment... i really didn't move at all during high school. we had volleyball for our PE class for 5 freakin yrs, and i still cannot serve balls that welll. funny thing is that i had super high scores for that class ^.^y how did i do it? well... hehehe, i faked, and i faked a lot, pretending to be super attentive durin practice games and stuff, move just a few steps when the teacher is lookin at my area, and sweet talk, be a nice grl durin class.
hohoho~~~ high school mah... u dun really want to do anythin, specially if ur PE class is righ after lunch and u're suffering from food coma or u're just homesick and want to skip the class.

but it's nice that i've finally found a sport that i enjoy, and it's ski. oh yeah baby~~~ ski~~~ ski wa dai suki!! shu shu shu~~~
i like cold weather, a lot of pple know that. specially our dear friend mark who had to put up w/me this last summer. i was whinin like mad, 24-7, and if temperature rises a bit more, my face would turn all shitty and i get cranky, and poor mark had to deal w/it, hehe. sorry mark & thanx mark! luv ya!
so yup, cold weather can definitely cool me down. it's just nice to have cool/cold days, the air is fresher, u can wear layers of clothes, mix 'n match, and when u're in a warmer place, it feels cozy. anyway, just perfect. and i luv snow, oh my god, i get so happy when it snows or when i see the streets covered by snow. that fresh puffy white cover makes everythin look way much nicer.
i remember i liked snow since little, but after my sis' friend told me that every snowflake was different from each other, i fell in luv w/snow all over again. think about it, each snowflake is unique, and when it snows, sooooooooo many snowflakes fall down from the sky, soooooooooo many special drops from heaven. too bad i dun get to observe each individual flake as they come down, my sight is gettin bad and my reflexes are not that good either... hehe (dude, i sound like an old lady!) since i cannot catch each shape of the flakes, so i found a next best thing to do when it snows: i eat the flakes that fall down!
hahahaha~~~ that sounds damn stupid but i do it. i look up the sky and wait for the big flakes to come down, and then i'll be waitin underneath it and "AaaM!", i eat it.

wow, i'm too far from my topic again, as usual. ok, so the first time that i skied was 3 yrs ago, the first yr that i was in seattle, i joined FIUTS for their thanxgivin whistler trip. jj and i really wanted to go skiin, she's a good skier, and i just wanted to try it out. the office told us that there were limited space, only 8 spots for grls, so jj and i woke up early in the sign-up mornin, and we lined out outside fiuts door since 8am (the office opens @ 10...). i skipped my math class that day, but i didn't care, ski is more important. so when we got to whistler, there was no much snow actually, mostly artificial snow that was produced overnight. my first run was at blackcomb mt. my first day was not fun at all, i have to say it even though i luv skiing. i basically walked my way down the mountain coz the hills were too steep for me, i almost cried, and i felt so bad coz i was holdin jj back. yet despite the bruises and muscle pains, i enjoyed my first ski experience overall.
and after jj went back to jp, i bought her skies for a dirt cheap price. keke. thanx jj! muuuach!
after the thanxgivin trip, there was a 2nd trip up to whistler, last yr's MLK weekend when i joined the SSA, and then a 3rd trip also up to whistler, which was this last MLK weekend, also w/SSA.
man... good trips yo! i have to dedicate special thanx to mark, he's da man who made it all possible! eventho he's hella bz w/his own stuff, eventho he was damn sian w/all the trip plannin, this SSA president managed to take 30 pple up to whistler and babysit us throughout the weekend. thanx a lot mark! thank u daddy~~~~ o^.^o

both trips were really nice, and i feel that i've improved a lot since the first time i've been to whistler. bren was teachin me how to do the fries style so i can stop pizza-ing my way down the hill. mmm... yet my right knee is still funny, it does not really point fwd, but it's slightly bent (uh... hard to explain) bah... i dun care, i just want to have fun up in the mountains. funny thing is that i felt down more this last time than the previous one, and i've also came back w/a huge bruise on my thigh... sigh...

still, the bruises won't take away my passion (well, a little less than passion) towards skiin. ^^
it's so fun, everyone should give it a try! too bad this sport can get kinda pricy...
that's another problem... i still haven't told my papis that i went to whistler >__<"
ouchi... dun wanna see the bills...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger junkoba said...

Nongi~~~
I'm amazed by how much you love skiing now~~~
coz I don't ski anymore... I'm too scared of getting injured by my rough skiing down the hills...
Anyway I still go skiing this year, just to cheer up my senpai's participating for a ski competition & enjoy hot springs & beeing surrounded by a illusive white world.
Visit my blog; junkoba.blogspot.com

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home